Friday 17 February 2012

Early Images of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway - 1833

One of my prized possessions is an article from The Penny Magazine of April 1833 on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway (L&MR). Opening only two and a half years before the piece was published, the L&MR had the distinction of being the world's first intercity railway. Thus, the article gives an insight into how those living in the 1830s perceived the early railways. Given the article is eight pages long, a full description of its contents would require a very lengthy post. So, all I will do here is reproduce, in all their glory, the five images that accompanied the text.



1 comment:

  1. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.





    Apartments for Rent in Manchester

    ReplyDelete